Crimped heat sinks Press-fit fins for high power density
The individually designable heat sink with press-fit fins is ideal for cooling of applications with limited space, such as graphic adapters and CPUs. Crimped heat sinks typically combine a copper base with aluminum fins. This design achieves optimal efficiency and cost effectiveness.
How it works
Crimped heat sinks consist of a base plate into which the single cooling fins are pressed by means of a purely mechanical process. The thermal expansion effect of the copper plate minimizes the thermal resistance at the transition between the base and the fins.
- Mechanical process
- Optimal ratio of heat sink weight, size and cooling capacity
- Low thermal resistance at the transition between base and fins
- Variable specific cooling capacity due to the use of aluminum fins with a different surface structure and the same surface area and fin geometry
- Can be combined with heat pipes
- Surface finishing is possible