In order to work at full capacity, powerful printed circuit boards need effective cooling. CTX offers optimised cooling solutions for any type of PCB. Should you be unable to find what you need in our standard product range, we will develop application-specific heat sinks for you. To find out more, simply give us a call!
The CTX product portfolio of standard PCB heat sinks comprises of hundreds of modules for PCBs with Rth values between 6 and 72 °C/W. They include
- Heat sinks for TO-220 and TO-218 semiconductor housings
- Heat sinks for SMD components
- PCB heat sinks in the form of pin fin, clip-on and small heat sinks for screw or clip-on mounting
- Vertical or punched profile heat sinks
- Profile heat sinks with integrated soldering pins for flow soldering to PCB
- On-clip PCB heat sinks for mounting on semiconductor elements
- Screwed cooling elements
The decision whether a heat sink is secured to the printed circuit board by means of clips, rivets, soldering pins or screws depends on the actual project or application and the number of heat sinks that need to be installed. Where a large number of heat sinks need to be mounted, clips are often the most economical solution, as they reduce labour costs. Where PCBs and heat sinks are exposed to vibration, as is for instance the case in railcars, screws are the most reliable option. Screws have also the advantage that they can be easily removed for service work.
To find out more, please do not hesitate to contact us!